Richard Baskin Jr.
Richard Baskin Jr., is a versatile performer, who has made his mark on the NYC scene as a singer, pianist, composer & arranger. Originally from Saginaw, Michigan, he grew up singing and playing in church with many musical influences including: gospel, Motown, jazz, R&B, pop, rock, soul, and country. Those experiences allowed him to win the top prize at the Amateur Night Competition in Harlem, New York’s Apollo Theatre in 2007.
After graduating from Western Michigan University and Indiana University with Jazz Studies degrees – he returned to New York to pursue a music career. He’s produced his own shows with his group Richard Baskin Group, a jazz quartet, and Soul Patrol – a tribute to his musical roots – at Feinstein’s/54 Below, The Triad Theatre, The West End Lounge, and The Duplex Cabaret Theatre.
Richard works as an in-demand musical director and vocal coach – recently directing Spring Awakening at Manhattan School of Music, Amelie at Pace University, and various cabarets around the city.
- NYC/Tri-State Area
Interested in touring?
- Theatrical Composer (Music and Lyrics)
- Theatrical Composer (Music only)
- Theatrical Lyricist
- Music Director/Conductor (Pianist)
- Music Director/Conductor (Not Pianist)
- Vocal Director and/or Choral Prep
- Music Assistant
- Vocal Arranger
- Dance Arranger
- Incidental Music Composer/Arranger
- Music Transcriber
- Pit Musician (Keyboards)
- Voice teacher with roster of private students
- Classroom music teacher at an educational institution
- THE AMERICAN FEDERATION OF MUSICIANS (AFM)