Composer/Songwriter PJ Ju’s colorful music history crosses genres, roles, and media channels. They especially love collaborating with Theatre, Film, and TV directors. AUDELCO nominee in Sound Design, their scoring, sound design, and musical direction/performance credits include
- NY—Theatre: Much Ado About Nothing (SUNY Purchase, 2012), Flying Fables (City College of New York New Haarlem Arts Theatre, 2012), Henry V (Classical Theatre of Harlem, 2011; AUDELCO nominee for Sound Design/Composition), Armor of Wills (Horse Trade Productions/ Beggars Group), Love’s Labour’s Lost (The Arden Party). Regional: Much Ado About Nothing & Hold These Truths (Hope Summer Repertory Theatre)
- TV/Commercials: The Consumerist: Worst Companies in America, Wagner College. Corporate: Pricewaterhouse Coopers MakeItCount and Warren Easton.
- NJ—Theatre: Pippin, Godspell, Guys and Dolls, the Mikado, The Sound of Music, Working.
- Chicago—Theatre: Jones College Prep Twelfth Night.
- International—Theatre: As You Like It!, Godspell. Film: Finkle Films’ The Glass Box.
In Portland, OR, they produced rock concerts for charity, providing opportunities for independent musicians to shine (GoGirlsMusicFest 2000 & 2003, NW Women Songwriters Showcase, a KBOO Valentine Concert). Ju has written hundreds of songs, performed at Carnegie Hall’s Weill Recital Hall, soloed with the Taipei National Symphony Orchestra as a Yamaha artist, and won the American Music Scholarship Association and the Brooklyn Arts Council Association Competitions plus numerous awards and scholarships at the Juilliard School Pre-College. There, they studied Piano for 10 years under Kathrine Parker, Composition under Dr. Andrew Thomas and Eric Ewazen, and Conducting as Assistant Conductor to the Chamber Choir under Rebecca Scott. Ju is happy Harlemite, proud and fortunate to be part of the New Harlem Renaissance. Filmmakers, Theatremakers, Music Supervisors, Publishers: PJ revels in composing emotional support for theater, film, and TV. Please contact them if you are seeking a collaborative, professional composer who will deliver what you’re looking for and turn tracks around in short order. Singers and Actors: PJ has extensive training in coaching vocalists, and will help you to learn your notes, rhythms, lyrics, and diction (English, Italian, French, German, Latin, Mandarin Chinese); for auditions or for performances. They can create practice tracks with your part isolated, or removed, so that you can most efficiently transition from memorizing to fully expressing.
- Off Broadway
- NYC/Tri-State Area
- Nashville Area
Interested in touring?
- Theatrical Composer (Music and Lyrics)
- Theatrical Composer (Music only)
- Music Director/Conductor (Pianist)
- Music Director/Conductor (Not Pianist)
- Vocal Director and/or Choral Prep
- Music Assistant
- Vocal Arranger
- Incidental Music Composer/Arranger
- Pit Musician (Keyboards)
- Keyboard Programmer
- Sound Designer/Composer
- Music Producer/Record Producer
- Home Studio Whiz
- Audition Pianist
- Class/Voice Lesson/Rehearsal Pianist
My Primary Instrument
- Bass - electric
- Guitar - acoustic
- Guitar - electric
- Synth - keyboards
- ACTORS EQUITY ASSOCIATION (AEA)