Kevin X Dong
Kevin is a Bay Area musician experienced in piano and keyboard/synth performance in musical theater, who often programs their own keyboard patches in MainStage. They also have pit orchestra experience playing violin, guitar, and accordion in various shows, as well as piano-accompanying vocal auditions, rehearsals, performances.
Recent credits include:
- Into the Woods (Synthesizer) – Mountain Play
- Cinderella (Keyboard 1) – San Jose Children’s Musical Theater (CMTSJ)
- Matilda (Keyboard 1) – Berkeley Playhouse
- Matilda (Keyboard 1) – Youth Musical Theater Company (YMTC)
- Freaky Friday (Keyboard 2, Guitar) – Los Gatos Youth Theater
- Ragtime (Keyboard 2) – YMTC
- Anastasia (Keyboard 2) – Marin Catholic High School
- A Chorus Line (Keyboard 2) – Pinole Community Players
Favorite credits include The Last Five Years (Piano), Next to Normal (Piano), A Man of No Importance (Synthesizer, Accordion), Cabaret (Accordion/Synthesizer), Bat Boy the Musical (Keyboard 2), Spring Awakening (Violin/Guitar 2, Piano), and The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee (Piano).
On the side, Kevin is a member of the 2nd Violin section in Peninsula Symphony Orchestra, as well as a bass voice in Masterworks Chorale Bay Area and its affiliated chamber choir Serenade.
- Northern California
- Seattle/Pacific NW
Interested in touring?
- Music Director/Conductor (Pianist)
- Music Director/Conductor (Not Pianist)
- Music Assistant
- Music Copyist
- Music Transcriber
- Pit Musician (Keyboards)
- Pit Musician (Other)
- Keyboard Programmer
- Audition Pianist
- Class/Voice Lesson/Rehearsal Pianist
My Primary Instrument
- piano, keyboard, violin
- Bass - electric
- Guitar - acoustic
- Guitar - electric
- Synth - keyboards