J. Oconer Navarro
J. Oconer Navarro is the recipient of American Theatre Wing Jonathan Larson Grant, alumnus of the Composer-Librettist Studio at New Dramatists, Composer-in-Residence at The Church of Saint Paul the Apostle NYC, and Head of Music and Vocal Performance at the New Studio on Broadway at NYU-Tisch.
He recently Conducted the Broadway Revival of Caroline, or Change at Roundabout Theatre Company, and his extensive Music Directing Credits include American Repertory Theater, The Guthrie, Hangar Theatre, The Kennedy Center, Oregon Shakespeare Festival, Paper Mill Playhouse, The Public Theater, The Old Globe, Playwrights Horizons, Two River Theater Company, the acclaimed Adding Machine (Obie Award), and more.
May 2022 brings the premiere of his new work BREATHE, honoring the Filipino Frontline Healthcare Workers, and his Feinstein’s/54 Below Concert Debut, featuring members of the Filipinx Theatre Community.
- Off Broadway
- NYC/Tri-State Area
- Theatrical Composer (Music and Lyrics)
- Music Director/Conductor (Pianist)
- Music Director/Conductor (Not Pianist)
- Vocal Director and/or Choral Prep
- Vocal Arranger
- Dance Arranger
- Incidental Music Composer/Arranger
- Music Transcriber
- Pit Musician (Keyboards)
- Audition Pianist
- Class/Voice Lesson/Rehearsal Pianist
- Classroom music teacher at an educational institution
My Primary Instrument
- Synth - keyboards
- THE AMERICAN FEDERATION OF MUSICIANS (AFM)
- THE DRAMATISTS GUILD
Current HS, College, or Grad Student?