Guillermo Abel Palacios Mata
RESUME PROFILE Experienced music director with 20+ years experience. Skilled conducting, arranging and orchestrating. Seeking to work on amazing projects that deliver true value to people. At Tec de Monterrey University managed the Music Division for 20+ years and directed 100+ shows including musical theatre plays and symphonic concerts. Strong background on marketing and branding.
EDUCATION Berklee Online at Berklee College of Music (2021 – Present)
- Advanced Professional Certificate on Orchestration for Film and TV
Universidad de Monterrey (2010 – 2014)
- Master of Graphic Design
- Concentration in Interactive Design
- Talent Scholarship Recipient
Tec de Monterrey (1998 – 2003)
- Bachelor of Marketing
- Talent Scholarship Recipient
- Graduated with honors
Tulane University (2001)
- Freeman School of Business, School of Liberal Arts
- College Exchange Program (undergraduate credit courses)
EXPERIENCE Higher-Education Administrator (Tec de Monterrey, 2001 to date)
- Manage Arts and Culture Department – Music Division at Tec de Monterrey University.
- Lead projects and events, including concerts, musical theatre plays and music related programs.
- Supervise faculty, staff and students teams.
- Design educational student experiences through music and arts.
Music Director & Conductor (2001 to date)
- Directed 100+ shows in 20+ years for college and professional companies, including musical theatre plays, full orchestra concerts, tours and other live shows.
- Handled all musical aspects of music shows, from conducting the orchestra in performance, rehearsing singers and orchestra members and casting performers, to managing budgets, leading artistic decisions and hiring staff and crew.
- Professional musical theatre conducted (selection): Rent, A Christmas Carol, Spring Awakening, Annie, Footloose, Ghost, Romeo and Juliete, Altar Boyz, Grease, Cinderella.
- College musical theatre directed and/or conducted (selection): Les Misérables, Fiddler on the Roof, Mamma Mia, The Addams Family, In The Heights, Shrek, Little Shop of Horrors, The Wiz, High School Musical, Wedding Singer, Nunsense, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, School of Rock, Camp Rock.
- Directed music companies on international tours.
Arranger, Orchestrator & Transcriber (2001 to date)
- Arranged, orchestrated and transcribed music for hundreds of ensambles all kinds: vocal, rhythm, strings, brass, woodwinds and percussion.
- Experienced in a wide variety of styles, including symphonic orchestras, jazz ensembles and film scoring, from college to advanced professional levels.
Composer & Songwriter (2001 to date)
- Composed original music for theatre plays, advertising campaigns and music publishing companies.
Pit Orchestra Musician (2001 to date)
- Played in Rent, Spring Awakening, Footloose, Altar Boyz, Legally Blonde, A Chorus Line, Ghost, Grease, High School Musical, Annie, Little Shop of Horrors, Joseph and The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, The Wiz.
- Multi instrumentalist player (piano and keyboards, electric bass, acoustic and electric guitar, drums and percussions).
- Outstanding ear training
- Music engraver
- Languages: spanish and english
- Music software: Pro Tools, Sibelius, Logic Pro, Garage Band
- Multimedia software: Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Final Cut Pro
- Web design, blogging, CMS, web usability.
- Other Countries
Interested in touring?
- Theatrical Composer (Music and Lyrics)
- Theatrical Composer (Music only)
- Music Director/Conductor (Pianist)
- Music Director/Conductor (Not Pianist)
- Vocal Director and/or Choral Prep
- Music Assistant
- Vocal Arranger
- Incidental Music Composer/Arranger
- Music Copyist
- Music Transcriber
- Pit Musician (Keyboards)
- Music Contractor/Coordinator
- Keyboard Programmer
- Music Producer/Record Producer
- Classroom music teacher at an educational institution
My Primary Instrument
- Bass - electric
- Guitar - acoustic
- Guitar - electric
- Synth - keyboards
Current HS, College, or Grad Student?