Brooklyn Children's Theatre
Category: Music Director
|Location||540 President Street, suite 1D Brooklyn, NY 11215|
|Dates||December 12, 2021 –December 12, 2021|
Brooklyn Children’s Theatre (BCT) is seeking highly creative and experienced music director-teaching artists to lead our weekday afterschool classes. Each class is led by a team of 1 Director/Choreographer and 1 Music Director. The team mounts a production of a short musical play each semester, featuring a cast of 12 students.
BCT brings together youth from diverse backgrounds to learn and grow through the collaborative art of musical theatre. All students are welcome, regardless of their economic situation. No child has ever been refused for an inability to pay. As our work is strongly based in equity, belonging, and inclusion, we especially seek applicants who have deep connections to communities of color and lived experience of an intersection of identities.
- Trained in the performing arts
- College degree or professional equivalent
- Arts education experience
- Experience in lesson planning
- Strong collaboration skills with keen interest in working as part of a team
- Ability to receive and apply feedback
- Experience in social justice and equity initiatives preferred
- Proof of vaccination required
- Proficiency in piano and the ability to accompany young people
Pay is $55/hr for teaching time and $30/hr for meeting time.